HuRTS 6km Fartlek

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

I'm in that place where I need to nail consistent speed but struggling with flattish legs and no races in the pipeline.

AM: found a weather gap and took my chances with an easy 8km commute. 6 min type pace.

PM: lunch session a nasty 45 min fartlek, 60s on, 30s off. Decided I'll do half the set at higher intensity. Gave the heads up to any who dare follow (i.e. Fenton, CT) and was all alone in front. Lonely days. The 'ons' hurt big time. Sustained effort pushed me well into the red zone. I need to spend more time here.

Come 22.5 min, found myself at the end of Hickson (MAQ building). Little to benchmark against, but that's a pretty solid effort.

Km splits: 3:30, 3:26, 3:33, 3:34, 3:22, 3:36, 3:51 (300m). 'On's were 3:15s, 'offs 3:45s. Mid to high 170s bpm. Must be a record.


6.3km in 22:30 at 3:32 min/km. Re-linked with Brendan for a 5km warm-down around Barangaroo ad CQ.

20km for the day. Legs are tired.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love it! Good effort, sometimes going quality for half the duration is better - certainly has worked for me massively over the past few months!

    ReplyDelete