Shortish LR to Centennial

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Sharp lower back twinge plus 3 hours lost sleep to a 7 day long stomach ache - I barely made it out the door. No idea where the back pain has come from. I feel 80 years old. 


Slow initial splits at 6 min/km. Lucky the pain eased and within 5km I felt mildly better. Naturally the pace quickened, but only to 5 min/km. 

Course took me through grungy Marrickville, Sydney Park before spectating the Centennial Ultra. 

Saw the 50/100k ultra in progress.These guys are crazy - 100km is 28 laps of Centennial. I once tried 10 laps on a bike and almost saw a psychiatrist after. 

LJ was smashing it, whilst Andy Heyden trailed some 100m behind. Impressed Haydo now has nailed a PB at GC 42.2k, #1 at Hunter Valley 52km and had the spirit to run 14 laps of Centennial (50km) today. I paced him for 2km, before breaking off to brunch at Pinbone (another review pending). Let's just say it was an emotional food experience. 

18.3km in 93 min at 5:05 min/km. 

Must say 0-5km was the worst I've felt in quite some time. Can't see many chances of a 7 day recovery to C2S. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments