Rushcutters 400s

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Smallish turnout for the Rushcutters 7x400m plus 3km tempo. No surprise with Sunday's race (Blackmores). Once again, we were forced from RB Oval to across the canal. 


A light 3km jog alongside Charlie, Lambert, Steve Ellis and Champ before we kicked off the set on 150s cycles. My strat was to hold near the back, working at 10k pace whilst others (JFen et al) pushed hard upfront. Completed 8x400m all between 75-80s - not going to impress anyone with that. Used the 70s 'rest' as more a float. Neither did I have interest in the 3km tempo. 

O well, I certainly enjoyed the 5km warm-down.

3+5+5 equals 13km for the day. 

As an aside, it's almost 3 months into my push-up program. Managing 2x20 slow push-ups each morning. I then add some light kettle bell swings (4x30). 

Painfully marginal progress. Lorie can almost identify a semblance of mass above the waist. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments