All Out Battle, 3 min Intervals

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

HuRTS 14 x 3 min intervals, easily the most humbling way to spend Tuesday lunch.

Every time this comes around I fret for a good 24 hours before the session.

Big turnout with a few regulars still recovering from Blackmores (Renee, Lambert, Gus, Macca). Extremely difficult in the outbound leg with horrid cross winds. Lucky to battle the sets with JFen and James, but felt JF conveniently left me to battle every single headwind.    

Stoked to maintain 10km pace from the onset. Told myself (and others) I'll do 8, then bolted on +2, +2 and with some prompting from Charlie, a final torturous two. The shirt came off after #6, prompting a few snarling remarks from unnamed individuals. Good fuel for me to complete all 14!

Group survival rate was a pathetic 20%. Timmy does no favours conceding defeat upfront (saying no one does 14). Notable casualties included Timmy himself (8x), Crossy (8x) and James/JFen left me to fend for myself after 12x. Legs beaten up, but a renewed confidence is upon me!

Still no idea how to manually lap on the watch, but 1km splits:

- 3:33, 3:21, 3:20, 3:16, 3:17
- 3:16, 3:17, 3:18, 3:18, 3:21
- 3:17, 3:24, 3:18

12.3km at 3:20 min/km average page. Stoked, given I had 7km in the legs from the morning.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. what rest do you do between each 3mins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 60s rest in between each. Should do this a 10k ish pace and complete all 14! Most do it too fast and die at 10

      Delete