Recovery

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Monday - UQ
One last day in Brisbane. I woke up and my legs seem to have forgotten the GCAM beating. Felt fresher than a usual training week. I took my chances with a recovery around UQ at 5:30 min/km. No regrets. Felt like magic and only logic stopped me from undertaking a few strides.


Tuesday - HuRTS 2x20 min at recovery pace
Surprised by the lack of DOMS and I jogged to the pillars with Charlie and Wooey for the 2x20 min tempo at lunch. Several of the GC half finishers turned up (Jeet, Barts, Lambert, CT) but none of the full distance survivors ex-myself.

Had zero interest risking injury and foxed at the back with Wooey and Asian Gareth. I was dropped at CQ with my 5 min/km clearly inadequate for a tempo. During the 3 min in between break, I jogged to the Hyatt and turned back the same way. I pressed on at 4:45 min/km and picked it up to 4:15s once Renee came flying back at Mrs Mac chair. Returned with an easy negative split and felt great!

11km all up at 5 min/km.



You Might Also Like

1 comments