Centennial with HuRTS

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Decide to take the 'soft' option on a lazy Sunday morning (and not race). Ducked out at an easy pace down Paramatta Road just after 6am.


Tried to time the 8.5km to Centennial such that I'd arrive at the Kiosk bang on 7am. Watch must be slow! All I saw was a bunch of 8-odd girls standing around for a boot camp. Figured unless HuRTS has undergone a serious flip in sex-bias, the crew must have already left. Off I went solo, again. 

Took me one circuit (4km) plus the run down Alison Rd turnaround (+3km) before I caught them. About 10 in total with Jeet, CT, Sonya and others very vocal re various races last weekend. Pace quite a benign 4:40 min/km. Circled various offshoots in and outside the park whilst the miles ticked over. Amazed CT can even walk after a torturous 42km sky race last week.

Crew thinned down to 4 by 15km, which is where I left to head back home. By that stage I'd covered 24km and was just thinking about pancakes. Dropped the pace back through Surry Hills and Ultimo before winding along Blackwattle Park to home.

Today was one of those days where I felt stronger the longer I went. Good close to another high mileage week.

Run summary - 35km at 4:40 min/km. 


Hosted the in-laws for a lunch feast. Very positive feedback on my ability to roast a chicken and subsequently eat it. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments