Mostly Splashing

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Run-wise, sadly all to report was an easy 8km into the city from Artarmon at 5:30 min/km pace. Legs feeling flat again.

Glad I missed the HuRTS 8x1km session. Temperature at the upper end of 'acceptable' and I doubt it would have been fun.

Early evening I headed down to Lane Cove Pool to replace the lack of run mileage. 750m warmup, followed by a pyramid intervals: 50/100/150/200/150/100/50 with 50m recoveries. Covered 2.2km in total and hips felt great after. Session sounds technical but I'm a crap swimmer so it is all slow.

Also I realsied I've double booked myself for Saturday morning. Promised the misses to go hiking in the Blue Mountains on Saturday morning - clashes with Sydney Striders.

Classic conundrum ... 'happy wife or one final PB for 2014". As I sit here typing I get a glare from Lorie... my PB ambitions will need to wait.

Also I want some advice on the best trail runs around Wentworth Falls. I refuse to walk. I'd imagine Charlie, Tucks or Fats would be experts here.

You Might Also Like

0 comments