Failed Friday Rest Day

Friday, October 03, 2014


Took the bike into work again once again with a very easy ride through North Sydney and across the Bridge. 9km all up in 29 minutes, not far off what I could run on a track!

Headed out during lunch in what was much more mild weather than Tuesday and Wednesday. Joined Charlie and Andrew from work with two other blokes from their warriors group. Initial plan was an easy 6km; I would drop off after 3km and return back.

Of course this never happened. We tracked the coast around Milson's Point, Kirribili and looped around Cremorne Point on a semi-trail. A good amount of hills on the return back to North Sydney too. Absolutely beautiful views of the city for much of the run.

I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I wasn't too concerned about a dull ache under my left arch, as well as the prospect of racing tomorrow at the Striders 10km in Homebush.

Run summary below - 13km covered at 5:30 pace.



Charlie gave me the heads up that I've been called out by Tommy to run the Striders 10km, can't back out now! Doubt I can do too much damage to my legs in 10km, but we'll see how I go. I recall my last effort at Homebush was around 36 flat in 2012. Disappointed if I can't beat that.

Weekly mileage only up to 55km in 5 days, so much less than usual.

Not a typical pre-race meal, but enjoyed a Japanese-style Teppanyaki with the family. Ate way too much but well worth it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments