Exploring Greenwich Peninsula

Monday, October 06, 2014

Got a late night sms from Jono who decided to pull out of a planned 12km trail run through Cremorne Point.  Apparently 7.30am start too early ... personally sunrise-style runs suit me best. 

It's also been over a year since I checked my resting heart rate. Decided to stick on the heart monitor as I was waking up. Recall my last reading mid 2013 was maybe high 30s?

Results below - 35bpm. Not much to get out of it aside but it can be a gauge of how well rested I am (if I took it more regularly). Curious what sort of training it would take to get to 30bpm. 











By 6:30am I found myself shooting down to Greenwich ferry wharf (about 5km down to the bottom) to circle the peninsula. There's a steady decline from St Leonards and a nice 1km trail run that provides incredible water views looking south towards the city. Quads still a tad battered from the weekend so I kept the pace well controlled. 

It was about 7km in before I started to warm-up and feel comfortable. Extended the run and covered just shy of 15km by running back around Chatswood. Happy to bank some easy kms to kick off the week.

Run summary -  14.9km at 5.20min/km pace. 

Running shoe thoughts
I've noticed some wear and tear on my Saucony Type A6 racers. Only started using these 7 weeks ago for selected speed sessions + a few MLRs. Doubt they will go past 500km life.  My shoe transition over the last 12 months has been:

- Inov-8 f-lite 195s (x1)
- Adizero tempo 6 (x2)
- Newton Distance S elite (x1)
- Inov-8 road-x 233s (x2) - still using
- Saucony Type A6 (x1) - still using

You Might Also Like

0 comments