Redleaf Swim

Friday, November 14, 2014

Temperature soaring today, must have peaked at 32-33 degrees just after lunch. It would have been criminal to not find a body of water to jump into. 


Friday's are now a roll the dice day - last week was Cremorne Point. This week I joined Charlie, MC, Tom, Jonathan for a 6.5km run through Potts Point and Rushcutters Bay. Sole intention was to check out the mythical Redleaf Pool (aka Murray Rose). 

Redleaf pool from the cafe

I was not disappointed. It's essentially a harbourside enclosure with a wrap-around deck nestled inside Double Bay. Splashed around, treading water for 10 min before setting back. 

Frankly it's hard to believe how lucky I am having a life/job that allows me to do this.  

Cut the run a touch short at 13km - felt a touch light-headed towards the end. Maybe the heat or dehydration. 

I've booked in a remedial massage tomorrow - no reason aside from testing my new private health cover. MC's recommended a guy based out of Castle Cove - a veteran who does runners and ironmen.

You Might Also Like

0 comments