Melbourne Cup Day

Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Interrupted day of training with Melbourne Cup work lunch at Sake, The Rocks. This saw my normal HuRTS session (45 min fartlek) substituted for a 6 course fusion Japanese feed. Good for the palette, bad for the training.

Of course I anticipated this and put a twist into my morning commute. I headed down to Blues Point with ad-hoc push-ups added in along the way. Took a few photos before circling around the water past Luna Park (seem to be frequenting this a lot).

Mcmahons Point

By the time I trotted into work, legs felt great, I counted 10x12 push-ups and 11km total.

Normally Tuesday is a punishing day. Without the speed-work I was able jog home (5 min/km pace) and detour via Lane Cove Pool. After a relaxed 50min freestyle and some mild calf cramps, I called the misses to pick me up - no motivation to run in the cold wind.

Evening summary - 9km at 5 min/km plus 2.5km swimming.

Small other bit of good news - came out slightly ahead in the Melbourne Cup but wining the office sweep! I'm a net loser on this event for the last 5 years, but its good to have one win at least.

You Might Also Like

0 comments