Sunday Marathon

Monday, December 15, 2014

Sunday - Moving house
Pretty exhausting Sunday, but a pending move is no excuse to derail training. 

9am curfew for my morning run.  Found myself in East Lindfield exploring a plethora or backstreet and mildly rolling hills.  15km quickly doubled but my legs were dangerously fresh from lack of a beating yesterday (rest day). 

With the move all day was was pretty exhausting manual labour.  Last item was the bike, so I ended up riding it 16km in the arvo to the house. 

Another few hrs of unpacking was not enough. Misses wanted to check out the water near the Bay Run.  So off in went for run round 2. Another 12km and no signs of leg fatigue.

Bay Run from the West end
That made 42km for the day plus the spin.

Good close to a 150km plus week!

Weekly Summary 

Monday - Base Building
Certainly didn't feel much fatigue in the legs.  Checked the resting HR and it was 37bpm.
Maiden run into the city from inner west.  Tracked the back streets  through Annandale then Pyrmont to make 8km before work.

Tragic hostage situation in Martin Place plus a soft lockdown for my building... Enough to stop most from venturing out at lunch? Not me of course. I simply changed my planned run to Hickson Wharves with Wooey from work.  10km all up along CBD streets that were empty.

Ordinarily I'd catch the bus home but figured a door to door effort home of 6km would be easier.  No regrets and with the jog home, I banked 25km for the day. 

Anzac Bridge

You Might Also Like

0 comments