Balls Head Loop

Thursday, December 04, 2014

Uneventful recovery run again into the city - certainly glad the crazy overnight stores had cleared. Kept the pace incredibly slow with the knowledge I would be back out at lunch.

It wasn't a hard decision to give the HuRTS hills session a miss. Instead, headed out with Charlie D back across the bridge onto the North Shore. The visit this time ... Balls Head Reserve.

Course slightly discontinuous, strewn with stairs, hills but extremely rewarding views of the harbour and the Waterhen Navel bases. There's a nice little 1km odd bush track that circles the reserve, which presumably you can follow around to Greenwich. No time to do that today unfortunately.

Return journey was direct. I pushed the hills a little and eased back on the flats. Returned back probably in 65 min for 11km all up.  

Full credit to CD who continues to pull a rabbit out of the hat when I am looking some new exploration ground. Also I appreciate its hard lugging up an extra 25kg on inclines >2 degrees. I once tried running with a 35kg weight (aka wife) attached on my back... never doing that one again. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments