Centennial Long Run and Monday Wharves

Monday, February 09, 2015

Sunday - Centennial
Centennial group out in force this morning. A promising late night email goes out suggesting an 'easy and flat' trundle around the park.


Turns out this was a pipe dream with just Enda and I racing yesterday, plus a 70 min half female runner in company (Eloise). 

I ran 8km to the Kiosk from Lilyfield, joined a group of 10ish for a shocking 4:20 pace around centennial. Not happy. I lasted about 16km inside the park before my quads said no more. Let's just say it was a slow plod of shame back through Redfern and along Paramatta Road. Was happy to make it home in one piece. 

Though I can't be complacent with long runs, today was too hard on the legs I think. This means I'm in doubt for a heavy training next week. 

100km for the week. Almost half of this was race plus the long-run. The balance just commuting.

Monday - Wharves
Threat of rain reigns once again, but a good turnout for the wharves run including Charlie D, Tom, Enda, Andy and a few others. Even Mike Race made an appearance!

Pace of 4:20 to 4:30s was much too quick for me. Felt uncomfortable and had to drop off on the return after 11km. Added another 6km running home to make 18km for the day. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments