Health Before Half

Saturday, September 20, 2014


I've been itching to run a half marathon for some time and had my eye on Sydney Blackmores tomorrow. Plan was for Friday bike and Saturday swim in the lead-up.

Turned up to Willoughby pool, 20min too early which gave me an excuse to do a 3k recovery run. Knocked out 2k of easy freestyle - first swim in 2 weeks!

After lunch I got talked out of running the half tomorrow by Lorie (wife who knows best) and Matt (much wiser and faster brother). Still feeling signs of swelling and pain in the left foot that is making me anxious. Not to worry, there will also be more chances to get a sub 76 half. My PB is actually the 2nd half of the Perth marathon in June.

Got a snap taken of the new MilA's running singlet. Looks and feels great but my scrawny arms don't do it justice.

Instead I did an easy 9k around Northbridge at a paltry 5:30 pace with Lorie. All up 12k for the day.

Looking forward to a bit more of a humbling long run tomorrow.

You Might Also Like

0 comments