Hickson Recovery

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Tuesday - Hickson

Back on the bike for an early morning ride. Quite an arbitrary high cadence spin through Enmore and surrounds. Popped out at Randwick and shot back into CBD to make 15km. Worked wonders for the legs.

Out again at lunch on foot. Joined John Bowe and Brendan Wong for a recovery starting CQ and out to Hickson. JB pretty angry about SFT 'bandit' runners. Decided 7km was more than enough and dropped off.

I'd say legs feel OK, quads still very flat and a little twinge perhaps in calf. 

Wednesday - Recovery Again
Initial plan was to swim at ABC. Made my way out via Opera House but ran into non other than Chairman Tom. Back from a whirlwind NY trip that included a tidy 71 min half. Lost interest in swimming once I negotiated a 5 min/km recovery run (I tried for 5:30 but the guy hates running slow). 

Legs loosened up well, first time I've run that pace in a few days. Tom, having run 6FT several times reconfirmed my views on switching from road to trail ...it's the quad pounding that gets you (not cardio). 


You Might Also Like

0 comments